Christopher Gaston Photo

Christopher A. Gaston

Immigration Partner

Immigration attorney, Christopher A. Gaston, is the founding attorney of The Gaston Law Firm, P.A. Mr. Gaston provides comprehensive business and family immigration representation to clients worldwide. With substantial experience handling complex immigration law matters, Mr. Gaston brings an innovative and problem-solving approach to challenging immigration cases. Mr. Gaston's clients include international investors and entrepreneurs, multi-million dollar commercial entities, start-up companies, religious institutions, as well as families and individuals seeking to make the United States their home.

Mr. Gaston works extensively with entrepreneurs, investors, businesses and employers in the United States and abroad. His business immigration practice includes representing applicants for E-2 (treaty investors),E-1 (treaty traders), L visas, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 and EB-5 visas. Mr. Gaston takes pride in helping individuals and businesses overcome immigration hurdles as they expand into the global marketplace. Further, Mr. Gaston counsels employers regarding maintaining a workforce comprised of individuals who are authorized to work in the United States.

An important part of Mr. Gaston's immigration practice is bringing families together in the United States and helping individuals to legally enter the United States. This includes securing visas for family membersspouses, fiancé(e)sstudentsreligious workersathletes, entertainers, and visitors. In addition, Mr. Gaston assists clients with such matters as Temporary Protected Status (TPS), Employment AuthorizationCitizenship/NaturalizationResidency (Green Cards), Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, Resident Card (Green Card) renewal, passports, immigration interviews, Adjustment of Status, Change of Status, and waivers. Mr. Gaston also has experience in successfully appealing improperly denied immigration filings.

As a former prosecutor, Mr. Gaston has extensive experience in criminal law, and he understands how a criminal case can impact one's immigration status. Mr. Gaston provides immigration counsel to criminal attorneys and their clients regarding case resolution strategies that ameliorate the negative impact of criminal cases for noncitizens. Similarly, Mr. Gaston advocates for the rights of noncitizens who become victims of crimes, including domestic abuse, while in the US.

Mr. Gaston obtained his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law, a top-tier law school with an excellent reputation for international law. Additionally, Mr. Gaston holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice. Before graduating from law school, Mr. Gaston gained experience with several government agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Department of Justice, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations and the Georgia Department of Corrections. In addition, prior to founding his own immigration practice, Mr. Gaston was a prosecutor for the State Attorney's Offices for Miami-Dade County and Martin County, Florida. Mr. Gaston has lived in Germany and traveled in South America, Central America, Europe, Asia and the Caribbean. Through this experience, Mr. Gaston has developed an enhanced ability to relate to individuals from various cultures around the world.

Contact Us

Your Journey Awaits

Hidden content

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.


  • If I become a citizen, what are the privileges that I will experience?
    There are three primary privileges that citizens can experience. These include being able to vote in local, state and national elections; having the ability to obtain a passport; and sponsoring relatives in their efforts to become a permanent resident.
  • I am looking to adopt a foreign child – how can I make the process as fast as possible?
    For those who are looking into adoption, but have yet to identify the child that they are interested in adopting, it is recommended that they file an Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition. This will allow for the portion relating to the approval of the parents to be completed by the time the child is chosen so that the adoption process can be expedited.
  • Can I become a citizen after I am granted permanent residency?
    Yes! If you live in the country for five years as a permanent resident, you will be able to obtain citizenship through naturalization. To be eligible for this, however, you must have been physically living in the country for at least half of those five years – and must not have left for a time period longer than six months.
  • I’m a foreign national studying in the U.S., can I stay within the country following graduation?
    To stay in the country following graduation, a student will need to obtain an H-1B temporary worker visa. Typically, graduates who work in a specialty field (such as a medical professional or engineer) will be able to obtain this visa with ease. To ensure that this process moves smoothly, it is recommended that students apply for this visa as early as possible to avoid penalties.