Andrew Clopman Photo

Andrew W. Clopman

Appellate and Federal Litigation Attorney

Attorney Clopman is an Appellate Attorney and Federal Litigator, who has advocated for immigrants before the Administrative Appeals Office, the Executive Office of Immigration Review, the Board of Immigration Appeals, and Federal District and Appeal Courts throughout the United States. Attorney Clopman concentrates his immigration practice primarily upon advocating for those who have been denied immigration and citizenship benefits or received adverse decisions from an immigration officer or judge. Among the matters upon which Attorney Clopman focuses are Appeals (Federal and Administrative), Motions to Reopen, Motions to Reconsider, Habeas Corpus, Mandamus, and civil recovery suits for victims of Human Trafficking. In addition to handling complex appellate and litigation matters, Attorney Clopman consults with other immigration attorneys to assist them in forming strategies to advocate for their clients. Attorney Clopman provides education and training to other attorneys through immigration advocacy groups, local Bar Associations, and other non-governmental organizations.

Andrew Clopman was born in Cornwall, Ontario, and grew up nearby in Massena, New York. Andrew studied at Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts, and McGill University, in Montreal, Quebec. Upon graduation, Andrew worked for several years as a newspaper reporter and freelance journalist in Northern New York and Montreal. Mr. Clopman then decided to attend Vermont Law School, where he gained practical experience in the General Practice Program and taught legal writing to first-year law students as a Dean’s Fellow. Andrew was also a law clerk at a legal clinic, where he worked on immigration cases and represented abused children in Vermont courts. Mr. Clopman moved to the Treasure Coast of Florida in 2009, where he began working at a small immigration firm in Palm Beach County, Florida, until 2014, when he opened his solo practice closer to his home in the Treasure Coast.  He now lives with his family in Montreal, Quebec.

Attorney Clopman has contracted with The Gaston Law Firm, P.A., to bring his litigation talents and experience to clients seeking to obtain a just and favorable resolution to their immigration case.

Bar Admissions

  • Florida


  • U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
  • U.S. District Courts, Middle District of Florida
  • U.S. District Courts, Northern District of New York
  • U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
  • U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
  • U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
  • U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
  • Executive Office for Immigration Review

Contact Us

Your Journey Awaits

Hidden content

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.


  • If I become a citizen, what are the privileges that I will experience?
    There are three primary privileges that citizens can experience. These include being able to vote in local, state and national elections; having the ability to obtain a passport; and sponsoring relatives in their efforts to become a permanent resident.
  • I am looking to adopt a foreign child – how can I make the process as fast as possible?
    For those who are looking into adoption, but have yet to identify the child that they are interested in adopting, it is recommended that they file an Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition. This will allow for the portion relating to the approval of the parents to be completed by the time the child is chosen so that the adoption process can be expedited.
  • Can I become a citizen after I am granted permanent residency?
    Yes! If you live in the country for five years as a permanent resident, you will be able to obtain citizenship through naturalization. To be eligible for this, however, you must have been physically living in the country for at least half of those five years – and must not have left for a time period longer than six months.
  • I’m a foreign national studying in the U.S., can I stay within the country following graduation?
    To stay in the country following graduation, a student will need to obtain an H-1B temporary worker visa. Typically, graduates who work in a specialty field (such as a medical professional or engineer) will be able to obtain this visa with ease. To ensure that this process moves smoothly, it is recommended that students apply for this visa as early as possible to avoid penalties.