Applying for a Visa? Learn How Our Experienced Firm Can Help

Temporary Religious Worker Visas

Experienced, Compassionate Immigration Lawyer in Florida

People enter the United States every day for a variety of reasons, including business, personal, and even religious. Religious work can take you anywhere across the globe, whether you are a minister, rabbi, or even an officer of the Salvation Army. If you are hoping to come to the U.S. on a temporary basis as a religious worker, our firm may be able to help.

Why Choose The Gaston Law Firm, P.A.?

  • Earned a 10.0 “Superb” Rating on Avvo for Top Immigration Attorney
  • We help clients obtain asylum, visas, green cards, or citizenship
  • Decades of experience representing private clients and the government

Call our firm at (888) 388-6859 to schedule a consultation with our immigration attorney.

Eligibility for Temporary Religious Worker Visas

If you wish to enter the United States to work for a short period of time, a temporary work visa is likely your best option. The R-1 visa can be issued to non-immigrant religious workers. Recipients of this visa must be employed in some religious capacity as either priests, rabbis, ministers, temple workers, or other types of compensated religious employee. In order to be eligible, you must have a verifiable role as religious worker employed at least part-time. The R-1 visa applies to those employed by non-profit religious organizations that exist in the U.S., religious organizations authorized by a group tax exemption holder, or a non-profit religious organization affiliated with a religious denomination acknowledged in the United States.

In many cases, these religious workers are currently employed or intend to become employed as:

  • Missionaries
  • Non-profit workers
  • Counselors
  • Translators
  • Broadcasters
  • Hospital workers

About the R-1 Religious Worker Visa

The R-1 religious visa can allow the recipient to work within the United States for up to 30 months, though this time period can be extended under certain circumstances. As an added benefit, the spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21 may also be eligible for temporary R-2 visas to accompany their family member to the United States. After working within the United States for at least 2 years, the R-1 visa holder and his or her family members may also qualify to apply for green cards.

Choose The Gaston Law Firm, P.A.

Our firm has a great deal of knowledge and experience dealing with immigration law. We understand how overwhelming the process can be to apply for visas and file paperwork through the United States, which is why we are here to help simplify the process.

Contact The Gaston Law Firm, P.A. today to get started.

The Gaston Law Firm Difference

We Provide an Experience Unmatched by Other Firms
  • Honest & Ethical Counsel

    We stay openly connected to our clients throughout the process, and provide personalized strategies and proactive representation.

  • Specialized Experience

    We have an intimate knowledge of immigration laws and process, and our lead attorney has experience as a former Prosector.

  • Award-Winning Representation

    We are members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and have achieved a perfect 10.0 Superb rating on Avvo!

Our Client Success Stories

  • “After our first consultation, I felt confident that we made the right choice.”


  • “You are in good hands with Gaston Law Firm.”

    Maria Andrade

  • “Highly recommend this law firm for immigration. They treat you like family and they are so professional.”

    Erika Palmtak

  • “The Gaston lawferm is the best”

    Ted Manderson, Marjorie and Fabiola Mullings

  • “I can say without a doubt that this has been my best experience with an attorney. ”

    Marina Portiyakov