Your Opportunity Awaits Building a Brighter American Future for Our Clients

Immigration Law FAQ

It is not uncommon for there to be considerable confusion regarding immigration law. In order to help clients educate themselves on these issues, some of the most frequently asked questions have been answered below. Please feel free to review them before seeking legal representation from a well-informed immigration lawyer. Don’t wait! The sooner that you call a knowledgeable Port St. Lucie immigration lawyer, the sooner you can get the answers that you deserve. If you are a new client of the firm, please dial (888) 388-6859.

  • If I become a citizen, what are the privileges that I will experience?

    There are three primary privileges that citizens can experience. These include being able to vote in local, state and national elections; having the ability to obtain a passport; and sponsoring relatives in their efforts to become a permanent resident.

  • I am looking to adopt a foreign child – how can I make the process as fast as possible?

    Before the child adoption process begins it is recommended that you look at an Advance Processing of Orphan Petition. Adopting a foreign child can be a long process as it is, but if you are interested this can help expedite the approval process before a child has been identified. By the time the child is identified for adoption the parent approval paper work can be ready to go.

  • Can I become a citizen after I am granted permanent residency?

    Yes! If you live in the country for five years as a permanent resident, you will be able to obtain citizenship through naturalization. To be eligible for this, however, you must have been physically living in the country for at least half of those five years – and must not have left for a time period longer than six months.

  • I’m a foreign national studying in the U.S., can I stay within the country following graduation?

    Upon graduation all study abroad students should obtain an H-1B visa for temporary workers. This visa will help you stay in the country after you have graduated from your academic institution. This is especially beneficial to those that have graduated from specialty fields, such as engineering or medical professions.

Our Client Success Stories

  • “Highly recommend this law firm for immigration. They treat you like family and they are so professional.”

    Erika Palmtak

  • “I found the one person who care enough to walk with me through my journey”


  • “I call this firm "The Pain Relief Pill"”


  • “I would highly recommend The Gaston Law Firm for your immigration needs.”


  • “We highly recommended everyone seeking help with immigration services to The Gaston Law Firm.”

    A. W.

Your Opportunity Awaits

Contact the Gaston Law Firm Today
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.